How hard is it?
To test this reality, I took the MediaWiki Appliance I've been maintaining (already available in VMware, ISO and raw image versions) and set about producing a Xen version.
Here's the sequence of steps required.
- Go to the group-builder tool on rBuilder Online.
- Cook my top-level group, group-amp, selecting the checkbox for "Xen DomU" flavor.
- When the cook is done (less than 5 minutes), create a new Build
- Select the freshly cooked [xen,domU] flavored version.
- Select the Raw Filesystem image type (easy to use on a Xen Dom0 server)
- Wait (less than 10 minutes)